Being a teacher is one of the most satisfying and reverent professions. Someone who has chosen the path of imparting knowledge to others, is truly dignified and deserves a big salute. A teacher, not only should possess sound cognizance but also have good amount of patience, understanding, communication skills and knack to deal with any type of student. And in order to bag the best platform for teaching, one has to develop a very good resume by filling in right information and relevant skills and abilities. This article helps in making the resume writing process easier and also shares important guidelines as to how to write resume for teacher….
Tips to Consider while writing resume for teacher:
- Focus on Education: It can be understood that jobs related to teaching sector needs to include certain educational qualification as well as certifications. So it is mandatory to give emphasis on one’s education. This section must be placed on the top of your resume. Go through any free sample resume for teachers to get a clear picture about resume writing.
- Relevant Experience: Take time to ponder over all the teaching experiences which are relevant to the job you are applying for. No need to fret out if you have less experience, instead mention volunteering experiences and extracurricular activities that highlight your teaching skills.
- Don’t Miss Any Important Detail: Unlike fresher, writing experienced teacher resume is altogether a different process and one must include maximum information and important details – all relevant to the job profile that they are applying for.
- Achievements: It is old style to give a list of the duties you executed so far. These days, it is better to give a list of achievements instead. For instance, reveal how you were instrumental in improving students’ grades or take references from your senior’s evaluation book. Don’t feel shy to include prizes, honours or any token of appreciation. While resume writing it is very important to convey that you were lauded for your hard work and accomplishments.
- Don’t Be Generic: Being specific is advisable while writing resume for teacher job application. For example: “Brought 52% of improvement in state grades by implementing innovative teaching techniques.”
- Consider Job Posting Seriously: Take a good read of the job posting before sending off your resume. In a teacher resume skills should be given emphasis effectively. So check whether your experience matches well with the requirements of the job profile.
- Customise Your Resume Accordingly: There are various methods of resume writing for different kinds of teachers. One can note that an elementary teacher resume is far different from that of a high school teacher; in such a way that their responsibilities, teaching skills and nature of work differs from each other.
- Keywords Usage: At this point, make sure you include all the relevant keywords as mentioned in the job posting. So that you can easily pass the recruiting screening software. Look out for any vital words such as education, skills and so on, which you can include within your resume. Check online for sample resume for english teachers and understand how they have been written.
- Choose a fitting format: There are so many formats available for reference and ones which suits your qualifications and skills. Choose an appropriate teaching resume format something which is fresh and attractive (not over the top style). It doesn’t matter how presentable your resume looks. What is more important is to include all the necessary details within it and makes you different from others.
- Be Unique: That takes us to the next point… There will be thousands of applicants for teaching position and the recruiters will have to go through them. Many resumes get rejected because they probably look more or less the same. Therefore, it is very important to make your resume distinct in terms of content and formatting style.
- Do Your Homework: Well, it’s not only the duty of students, but also teachers’ to do their duties. Ok, jokes apart… It is very essential to research and see which resume style clicks and which not. The resume examples will give you a good idea about what to include and what not, the ways information are highlighted and how to edit a resume.
- Don’t Duplicate: It is good to take notes from online teacher resume examples but also take care as not to copy-paste the same. Spend enough time to modify them and make a personalised copy of your own.
- Make Resume Error Free: Read, reread and recheck. Recruiters immediately reject those resumes which are incomplete, inaccurate, too lengthy or full of mistakes. Hence don’t avoid the process of checking and editing once you are done with the writing part. Go through the entire resume for spelling or grammatical errors, typos, structure or anything for that matter. Make it look good, clear and concise. Check whether you are using consistent formatting styles, font sizes and types and all the important details are highlighted properly. As far as possible keep it professional.
- Cover Letter: Most people tend to ignore to attach an apt cover letter and stop at resume writing Go through your resume and write a compelling cover letter as well. Again, do not use the same cover letter for every job application you come across. It is necessary to keep writing a fresh one every time you are applying for a job.
We really hope this article proves to be useful for you. If you need further assistance we have professional content writing team, comprising of highly qualified and experienced resume writers, who will understand what you want and develop effective resume/CV. Get in touch with us to know how…